Question bank is a windows and web based software which can be used to generate random questions from a pre-loaded question bank list. This is generated using the same software, where the teachers or lecturers can upload all the questions in a CSV\excel format into the application. Each question will have a question paper code, unit (syllabus), marks, complexity. Once the questions are available in the database, the software provides various features. The entire architecture is based on a secured platform. This app aims at streamlining the process and making the task of setting question papers more easy, efficient and secure.
Why the need for Question Bank?
Question paper leaks and inept question paper setting methods have been a bane in many developed as well as developing countries.
This directly hurts those talented students from humble backgrounds who cannot afford to buy in on the leaked papers. This puts them at a serious disadvantage and affects their ranking and chances of scholarships, which they desperately need.
The manual paper setting methods that are presently in place are a heavy burden for the few teachers who are battling to compensate for the acute shortage of teachers, which is a common issue in rural areas.
This app aims at streamlining the process and making the task of setting question papers more easy, efficient and secure.
What makes this app awesome:
- Easy generation of questions
Questions are made available in an online repository, with custom segregations based on the number of marks allocated and complexity of the question. Teachers only have to enter what their requirement is and they will have a choice of randomly generated papers.
- Saves time
Manual entry of questions and assignment of marks is time consuming and a hassle. With this app, teachers can generate questions and create papers in a jiffy.
- Eliminates security hassles of transit
Sealed envelopes, transit through post, and the other systems that are in place now leave gaping holes in the security system and increase the likelihood of paper leaks. Secured online transits of papers eliminates this probability.
- Secure roles
All those who are authorised to handle the paper setting will be assigned roles, which comes equipped with password protected logins.
These are just a few of the many possibilities that can be explored with the Question Bank app. We are still building – adding on features that will enhance this experience a manifold.
How It Works
- Teachers or lecturers can upload all the questions in a CSV\excel format into the application. Each question will have a question paper code, unit (syllabus), marks, complexity. Once the questions are available in the database.
- You can then choose the QPCode (question paper code), and then select the number of 2 marks or 5 marks or 10 marks etc. from the drop down list.
- Once you click “generate questions,” the system will randomly generate questions.
- You can save the generated questions for publishing (printing question paper)
- User\teachers can edit or replace the question if required.
- Last step is publishing the question paper, where it creates the question paper with the custom template which is print ready.